Friday 10 October 2008

Inspiration For The Jonas Brothers?

Photobucket
The Jonas Brothers are known for a lot of things. They're hot. They make me drool. Duh. They're talented. Their music is always on my iPod. Duh. Of course, that's not what the media likes to focus on however. The media likes to focus on another aspect of their lives. The sex aspect. Or the lack of sex.

Yes, shock-horror-horror, the Jonas Brothers actually have standards. (Note the sarcasm - Aren't I so witty?) They have their purity rings and that's all the media can seem to focus on most of the time. The majority of the time, the JoBros find their purity pledges to land them at the butt of jokes *cough*ChelseaHandlerRussellBrand*cough*

Yet, saving yourself for marriage is pretty honourable. I mean, it's too late for me now because when I was thirteen and my pedophile boyfriend wanted the goods - I didn't have the JoBros for inspiration. All I had was a cock in my face. Eh, you work with you got, right? So, yes, Joe, Kevin and Nick are pretty damn good guys and great role models.

Saving yourself for marriage, however, doesn't just seem to be honourable - it seems to be healthy. Well, that's the conclusion that many newspapers are drawing when hearing the story of Clara Meadmore who turns 105 years old tomorrow - and has never, ever had sex in her entire life.
Photobucket
I think about a hundred nymphomaniacs just died when they read that last sentence.

On her lack of sexual experience, Miss Meadmore stated: “I’ve just never been interested in or fancied having sex. I’ve never had a boyfriend and never been bothered about relationships. When I was a girl you only had sex with your husband — and I never wed."

She worked as a secretary and a housekeeper, but despite “several” offers of marriage she turned them all down.

Clara added: “I grew up in an era where little girls were seen and not heard so I had to learn to stand up for myself and earn my own living. Some men don’t like that in a woman and before long I was too old to marry anyway.”


Ah, sticking it to the man - not in the sexual way. Wow, I have a lot to learn.

Anyways, point of blog: being 'pure' isn't all bad, it's just kinda stupid when you're rockstars with teenage groupies who'd do you in an instant but you go around publically broadcasting 'I WON'T HAVE SEX! I WON'T HAVE SEX!' Even then, it's only stupid because that's all the media seem to focus on with these guys. It just proves we are a sex obsessed society. I told you all you were a bunch of dirty little bastards, didn't I?

No comments: